Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Power of Love

Tonight, the tears aren't stopping... Ironically, it's been a great night with friends. As I lay down in my bed, my safe haven, my emotions poured out; the heart bled..

I have put on a very calming radio station in the background and I want to say something, just anything..

Life has been very kind to me, things have always worked out. But it hasn't been without it's share of challenges...

I choose to be happy, ever smiling, because life is beautiful..

We are all born into loving families. Grow up with friends around us, and if we're lucky, have significant others. It is human nature to always find happiness elsewhere: a thing, a place or a person. The unfortunate reality is that at the end of day, we are all our sole guardians...

Ever since I can remember, love has been my preferred weapon to fight any situation. In fighting amongst family or friends, I always reciprocated with a true gesture of the heart...

It takes real courage to stake one's heart and lay it out in the open. Many a person is too afraid of being hurt, of not getting their love returned; What a pity, since the most human growth happens when experiencing the pain..

Love conquers all; I am a firm practitioner and believer of the philosophy. Equipped with such an all encompassing tool, I feel invincible, stronger than the strongest of men. Nothing can touch me, for I have gambled with the best hand..

Above and Beyond are my favorite dance musicians. I connect with their songs on an all together different level. Group Therapy as they like to call their concerts, are truly a liberating experience. Lyrics to a song go.." Don't forget about a thing called Love.." . The crowds sway, the sounds reach the skies, the eyes close... It's Group Therapy! :D

I feel privileged being the recipient of the love of so many! I would not trade it for anything else..

They always said life was full of challenges, throwing surprises out of nowhere. It's been quite a challenge, quite a ride, but I've loved every moment of it. Happiness isn't measured in material wealth but rather in the richness of human interaction..

I'm not sure what prompted this today.. Maybe it's whats happened recently. Maybe it's the fact that I've had to keep a strong front, smiling to keep the spirits of friends high. Whatever it is, I feel thankful for those in my life. You know who you are..

A perfect end maybe.. "Love isn't there to make us happy. I believe it exists to show us how much we can endure." - Herman Hesse

Call, email, or text someone you love, telling them you cherish them.

Goodnight

1 comment:

  1. Well, you said it best "most human growth happens when experiencing the pain"... Hang in there buddy, sunshine is just a few hours away.

    ReplyDelete